WESTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Westchester County is set to lose $5.2 million in grants from the federal government, according to a report from LoHud.
The Department of Housing and Urban Development gave Westchester County two weeks to come into compliance with the 2009 fair housing settlement, according to the LoHud report. The community development grants were awarded in 2012 but have been withheld because of lack of compliance, according to the report. More than $7 million in grants from 2011 were withheld in 2013, according to the report.
"Unfortunately, Westchester refuses to comply with Federal anti-discrimination law and sign a statement to affirmatively further fair housing," said HUD Acting Deputy Secretary Helen Kanovsky in the LoHud report.
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman Charged In Fatal Hit-And-Run
- 2 Mount Vernon Man Charged In Stabbing Had Domestic Troubles In Past
- 3 Mount Vernon Seeks Contractor For Memorial Field Tennis Bubble
- 4 Mount Vernon's Wartburg Hosts LeadingAge NY Graduation
- 5 Mount Vernon Schools Budget Represents No Tax Levy Increase