WESTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Westchester County is set to lose $5.2 million in grants from the federal government, according to a report from LoHud.
The Department of Housing and Urban Development gave Westchester County two weeks to come into compliance with the 2009 fair housing settlement, according to the LoHud report. The community development grants were awarded in 2012 but have been withheld because of lack of compliance, according to the report. More than $7 million in grants from 2011 were withheld in 2013, according to the report.
"Unfortunately, Westchester refuses to comply with Federal anti-discrimination law and sign a statement to affirmatively further fair housing," said HUD Acting Deputy Secretary Helen Kanovsky in the LoHud report.
- 1 Mount Vernon Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Mount Vernon
- 3 Academy Holds Graduation For New Mount Vernon Firefighters
- 4 Calls Made For Assembly Speaker Silver To Resign After Corruption Charges
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow