WESTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Westchester County is set to lose $5.2 million in grants from the federal government, according to a report from LoHud.
The Department of Housing and Urban Development gave Westchester County two weeks to come into compliance with the 2009 fair housing settlement, according to the LoHud report. The community development grants were awarded in 2012 but have been withheld because of lack of compliance, according to the report. More than $7 million in grants from 2011 were withheld in 2013, according to the report.
"Unfortunately, Westchester refuses to comply with Federal anti-discrimination law and sign a statement to affirmatively further fair housing," said HUD Acting Deputy Secretary Helen Kanovsky in the LoHud report.
- 1 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings In Mount Vernon
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 5 Eastchester Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Car Accident That Killed Three