As the race is on to open the Rockland-bound lanes of the new Tappan Zee Bridge on Friday, Aug. 25, workers are busy making sure every detail is complete before the first lucky driver hits the freshly paved roadway.
Work underway includes preparing slot drains, temporary barriers, and striping, said Tappan Zee Constructors.
Bridge workers will also continue final driving surface preparations on the new bridge’s roadway. The work is scheduled for completion by Friday.
Additional work includes:
- Structural steel installation
- Electronic testing on westbound bridge
- Fence installation
- Support for river-based work from the Rockland trestle
- Survey inspections on the existing bridge
- Pier substructure work
- Expansion joint operations
- Internal tower work
- Maintenance dock construction
- Electrical equipment installation
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.