WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Join host families throughout Westchester County this summer in bringing the sights and sounds of the country to an inner-city child through the Fresh Air Fund’s Volunteer Host Family Program.
Fresh Air children are boys and girls, from six to 18 years old, who live in New York City.
Children on first-time visits are 6 to 12 years old and stay for one or two weeks. Children who are re-invited by families may continue with The Fresh Air Fund through age 18 and can enjoy extended trips.
More than 65 percent of all children are re-invited to stay with their host families year after year.
For more information on hosting a Fresh Air child this summer contact Judith Brisson at 914-762-0846 or visit the website.
The Fresh Air Fund, a nonprofit agency, has provided free summer experiences to more than 1.7 million New York City children from low-income communities since 1877. Each summer more than 4,000 inner-city children visit suburban, rural and small-town communities across 13 states
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Pedestrian Hurt In Mount Vernon Hit-And-Run
- 3 Gang Members Charged With Murder, Other Felonies In White Plains Court
- 4 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 5 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car