MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon last week:
- Greenburgh Police arrestted two Mount Vernon men, Michael Humphrey and Jason Dulyx, accused of kidnapping a woman who advertised escort services online and taking her from Queens to an Elmsford hotel.
- Michael DePass, Mount Vernon teen and an honor student at the Harvey School, was named a Dean's Scholar Athlete for the 2013-14 school year.
- A man who operated a fake "gypsy cab" and used it to assault a woman in Mount Vernon was sentenced to 12 years in prison and 20 years probation, according to Westchester District Attorney Janet DiFiore.
- Family Services of Westchester introduced a new violence-prevention program to Mount Vernon this month.
- ArtsWestchester has been awarded a $5,000 grant by Staples Foundation, the charitable extension of Staples Inc., under a new philanthropic program whereby Staples associates get to choose a nonprofit organization for donations.
- 1 Mount Vernon Fire Displaces 11
- 2 State Police Warn Mount Vernon Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash On Sprain Brook
- 4 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 5 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison