WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Two homeless men were arrested late Friday in the Wednesday slaying of Westchester County Philharmonic violinist Mary Whitaker in her summer home in upstate Westfield, according to the Greencastle Banner Graphic.
Jonathan M. Conklin, 43, and Charles R. Sanford, 30, both from Pennsylvania, will be arraigned in Buffalo on several federal charges, including carjacking, and murder charges will be presented to a grand jury, the report said.
Authorities believe Whitaker was shot and killed while attempting to thwart a robbery at her home in western New York, according to the report.
Whitaker, 61, a well-known violinist, was a member of the Westchester Philharmonic for 25 years. She worked with many of the major orchestras in New York and also toured with Barbra Striesand.
- 1 Former Mount Vernon Cop Charged With Forging Hydrocodone Prescriptions
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 162 Westchester County Employees Take Buyouts