WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Two homeless men were arrested late Friday in the Wednesday slaying of Westchester County Philharmonic violinist Mary Whitaker in her summer home in upstate Westfield, according to the Greencastle Banner Graphic.
Jonathan M. Conklin, 43, and Charles R. Sanford, 30, both from Pennsylvania, will be arraigned in Buffalo on several federal charges, including carjacking, and murder charges will be presented to a grand jury, the report said.
Authorities believe Whitaker was shot and killed while attempting to thwart a robbery at her home in western New York, according to the report.
Whitaker, 61, a well-known violinist, was a member of the Westchester Philharmonic for 25 years. She worked with many of the major orchestras in New York and also toured with Barbra Striesand.
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody
- 2 Authorities Investigating Woman Found Dead In Mount Vernon PD Holding Cell
- 3 Mount Vernon Market Fined By Liquor Authority For Marijuana Use On Premises
- 4 Attorney General Joins Investigation Into Mount Vernon Holding Cell Death
- 5 Initial Autopsy Results Inconclusive In Mount Vernon PD Holding Cell Death