MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon last week:
- One suspect is on the loose, and two others are facing serious charges after taking police on a wild police chase that started in Mount Vernon and ended in a New Rochelle backyard on Tuesday.
- A 50-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene of a head-on crash in Yonkers that occurred around 10 p.m. Sunday, according to multiple reports.
- Larry Johnson, 38, a New York state resident has been identified as the suspect in the theft of a $37,450 Rolex watch from a Stamford mall store in early August. He rolled into the store in a wheelchair but ran after he got the watch he wanted.
- The SPCA of Westchester is conducting investigations related to the remains of animals left at three different sites in the county to determine if animal cruelty is involved.
- The Mount Vernon School District ushered in a “new day” on Tuesday as students returned to the classroom for the first day of school and new Schools Superintendent Kenneth Hamilton formally kicked off his administration.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.