WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Traffic jams at the tollbooths near the Tappan Zee Bridge could become much more manageable once the new bridge is completed and a new cashless system is installed, according to the Westchester County Business Journal.
The New York State Thruway Authority has hired a company that will install electronic tolls on the new bridge. Customers with E-ZPass will still be billed in the same way. Those that don't have E-Z Pass will have a photo taken of their vehicle and billed accordingly, WCBJ reported.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Mount Vernon, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Mount Vernon
- 3 Academy Holds Graduation For New Mount Vernon Firefighters
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Mount Vernon; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow