MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon this week:
- Stop & Shop Supermarkets will lay off 239 workers when it closes its Mount Vernon warehouse this September, according to the Westchester County Businesss Journal.
- An unruly crowd outside of Spectator Sports Pub in New Rochelle over the weekend led to several arrests, including a misdemeanor charge for one Mount Vernon woman, Whitney Richardson, 23, for interfering with police.
- The Mount Vernon boys track and field team came, saw and conquered at the 2014 Outdoor New Balance National competition, and it has returned home to its city as champions and all-Americans.
- Maria Oliva Guaman-Guaman, the mother of "Baby Angel," who was found dead at a recycling plant in Elmsford, pleaded guilty to one count of manslaughter on Monday, according to the Rockland County District Attorney.
- Yonkers detectives have charged two suspects who allegedly kidnapped and raped a Mount Vernon woman, according to LoHud.com.
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman Indicted On Manslaughter Charges in Attack With Car
- 2 Mount Vernon Man Charged With DWI Over Memorial Day Weekend
- 3 4-Year-Old Yonkers Girl In Critical Condition After Accidental Shooting
- 4 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 5 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three