YONKERS, N.Y. -- State Farm Insurance, which recently opened a new location in downtown Yonkers, celebrated its grand opening with a ribbon-cutting ceremony and by making a donation to the Yonkers and the Mount Vernon animal shelters.
On hand to celebrate the official ribbon-cutting were branch owner Jocelyn Mizrahi, State Farm staff, family, friends and Mizrahi's two dogs.
Daniel Lipka, executive director of the Yonkers Downtown Business Improvement District, presented a plaque and official welcome to this new business.
“This is a special time in downtown Yonkers," Lipka said in a statement. "Wonderful new businesses are opening and bringing a vibrant energy to our community.”
Yonkers Deputy Mayor Sue Gerry was also in attendance to welcome State Farm and presented a proclamation on behalf of the city of Yonkers.
“We welcome State Farm to Yonkers and to the growing economy and community in our downtown area,” she said in a statement. “Yonkers is committed to ensuring the success of businesses such as State Farm so we can continue to make our city a great place for people to want to live, work and play.”
The new State Farm branch is at 54 Warburton Ave. in Yonkers.
- 1 Hearing To Continue On Mount Vernon's 42 W. Broad Street Development
- 2 60-Year-Old Man Charged In 25 Cat Killings In Yonkers
- 3 IRS Warns Mount Vernon Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations
- 5 Westchester County Stores Are Among Best, Worst Black Friday Retailers