WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The later-than-expected changeover from snow to rain \resulted in slippery roads and accidents throughout Westchester County on Friday.
Separate accidents occurred late Friday morning on I-287. A rollover on I-287 West in Harrison resulted in a lane closure. An accident on I-287 East in Port Chester was also reported.
The northbound Bronx River Parkway between Claremont Road and Chatterton Avenue was closed for more than an hour during an investigation after an accident that was reported at 11:40 a.m. Friday.
A vehicle fire on the Sprain Brook Parkway South between Route 100B and Jackson Avenue was reported at 11:50 a.m.
Two accidents were reported on Northbound I-95 between Mamaroneck and Port Chester late Friday morning.
Route 121 between Hilltop Road and Route 138 in Lewisboro was closed following a vehicle fire reported at noon.
A pair of Friday morning accidents resulted in delays on the Hutchinson River Parkway.
Two lanes were closed for more than an hour on the northbound Hutch in Pelham between the Cross County Parkway (Exit 13) and Webster Avenue (Exit 16) as a result of an accident. The accident was reported at 8:15 a.m.
An accident on the soutbound Hutch between 1-287 and North in Harrison has also caused delays.
That accident was reported shortly after 9:30 a.m.
- 1 Mount Vernon Man Pleads Guilty To Assaulting Yonkers Police Officer
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 Former Westchester DA Pirro Makes Appearance At Robert Durst Hearing
- 4 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among Nation's 'Smartest'
- 5 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43