WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- As Tropical Storm Arthur barrels its way up the East Coast and temperatures soared toward 90 and the humidity levels grew, the National Weather Service has issued a a Severe Thunderstorm Watch until 9 p.m. and Severe Thunderstorm Warning until 6:15 p.m. Wednesday that includes Westchester.
Some storms could be severe, with heavy rain, large hail and damaging winds and could occur up until 1 a.m. After that, patchy fog is expected through 10 a.m. Thursday.
More showers and thunderstorms should return after 10 a.m. Thursday, with new rainfall amounts of up to three-quarters of an inch possible.
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman Charged In Fatal Hit-And-Run
- 2 Body Found In Lake Ontario Identified As Son Of ESPN Writer
- 3 Mount Vernon Man Charged In Stabbing Had Domestic Troubles In Past
- 4 Mount Vernon Seeks Contractor For Memorial Field Tennis Bubble
- 5 Mount Vernon's Wartburg Hosts LeadingAge NY Graduation