MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon this week:
- Mount Vernon residents expressed satisfaction, but not surprise, that interim Superintendent Judith Johnson unveiled a multi-year restructuring of the school district in an effort to make better use of its 16 schools.
- The Mount Vernon Boys and Girls Club will honor former Yankee closer and Purchase resident, Mariano Rivera with its Humanitarian of the Year Award during a gala on Thursday, March 27.
- The U.S. Postal Service unveiled its special Black History Month stamp in Mount Vernon this week, immortalizing the late Shirley Chisholm, former member of the U.S. House of Representatives.
- Manny Ramos, a Metro-North New Haven Line employee who police said was masturbating in front of a passenger on a train near Fairfield last month, will be arraigned on Tuesday, Feb. 11, according to ctpost.com.
- 1 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 2 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 3 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 4 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 5 Man, 29, Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges, Says Westchester DA