MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon this week:
- Mount Vernon residents expressed satisfaction, but not surprise, that interim Superintendent Judith Johnson unveiled a multi-year restructuring of the school district in an effort to make better use of its 16 schools.
- The Mount Vernon Boys and Girls Club will honor former Yankee closer and Purchase resident, Mariano Rivera with its Humanitarian of the Year Award during a gala on Thursday, March 27.
- The U.S. Postal Service unveiled its special Black History Month stamp in Mount Vernon this week, immortalizing the late Shirley Chisholm, former member of the U.S. House of Representatives.
- Manny Ramos, a Metro-North New Haven Line employee who police said was masturbating in front of a passenger on a train near Fairfield last month, will be arraigned on Tuesday, Feb. 11, according to ctpost.com.
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody
- 2 Authorities Investigating Woman Found Dead In Mount Vernon PD Holding Cell
- 3 Mount Vernon Market Fined By Liquor Authority For Marijuana Use On Premises
- 4 Attorney General Joins Investigation Into Mount Vernon Holding Cell Death
- 5 Initial Autopsy Results Inconclusive In Mount Vernon PD Holding Cell Death