MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon this week:
- Mount Vernon residents expressed satisfaction, but not surprise, that interim Superintendent Judith Johnson unveiled a multi-year restructuring of the school district in an effort to make better use of its 16 schools.
- The Mount Vernon Boys and Girls Club will honor former Yankee closer and Purchase resident, Mariano Rivera with its Humanitarian of the Year Award during a gala on Thursday, March 27.
- The U.S. Postal Service unveiled its special Black History Month stamp in Mount Vernon this week, immortalizing the late Shirley Chisholm, former member of the U.S. House of Representatives.
- Manny Ramos, a Metro-North New Haven Line employee who police said was masturbating in front of a passenger on a train near Fairfield last month, will be arraigned on Tuesday, Feb. 11, according to ctpost.com.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Mount Vernon
- 3 Seven Mount Vernon Police Officers Graduate From County Academy
- 4 Ambush-Style Killings Of NYPD Officers Spark Outrage In Westchester
- 5 Montefiore Hosts Ebola Town Hall Meeting In Mount Vernon