MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon last week:
- In an effort to promote local businesses and increase the amount of local shopping that gets done this holiday season, Mount Vernon officials announced there will be free parking leading up to Christmas and Hanukkah .
- Derrick Williams, 50, of Mount Vernon was charged with first-degree offering a false instrument for filing , a Class E felony, on Wednesday according to state police.
- Following a recall by Elevation Foods, Stop & Shop announced it removed Ian’s All Natural Italian Style Panko Breadcrumbs from its shelves in Westchester County due to a misleading label.
- The heavy rain accompanying the Nor'easter resulted in the closure of portions of the Bronx River Parkway, Hutchinson River Parkway and Saw Mill River Parkway in Westchester on Tuesday.
- Yonkers police are offering $1,500 for anyone with information leading to the arrest of suspects who robbed a Webster Bank at 760 McLean Ave. on Tuesday.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.