MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Police are searching for a suspect who fled after his motor vehicle struck and injured a law enforcement officer at East Lincoln Avenue and Station Place in Mount Vernon, according to WABC 7.
The officer, who was rushed to Jacobi Medical Center, suffered injuries that are not believed to be life threatening, according to the report.
The suspect, who fled on foot, is described as being a 6-foot-3 black male, wearing a yellow shirt and jeans and an orange hat, the report said.
- 1 Mount Vernon Poised To Erect Afforable Housing For Seniors
- 2 Mount Vernon Hosts Smart School Bond Act Rally
- 3 Mount Vernon Enjoys Budget Surplus For 19th Straight Year
- 4 Mount Vernon Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 5 Police Search For Driver Who Fled Scene Of Mount Vernon Accident