MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Police are searching for a suspect who fled after his motor vehicle struck and injured a law enforcement officer at East Lincoln Avenue and Station Place in Mount Vernon, according to WABC 7.
The officer, who was rushed to Jacobi Medical Center, suffered injuries that are not believed to be life threatening, according to the report.
The suspect, who fled on foot, is described as being a 6-foot-3 black male, wearing a yellow shirt and jeans and an orange hat, the report said.
- 1 Mount Vernon Man Charged With Rape Of 13-Year-Old
- 2 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 3 Rough Rides Abound After Brutal Winter Takes Toll On Westchester Roads
- 4 Fire Watch Is In Effect For Westchester Through Evening
- 5 'Property Brothers' Looking For Westchester Residents To Appear In TV Show