MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon last week:
- A Mount Vernon man, Dontan Jenkins, 32, who works for a security company was accused of shooting and killing a coworker at Levister Towers on Monday, according to LoHud.com.
- With new leadership at the top, and a clear vision in place for students, optimism is reaching a new high in the much-maligned Mount Vernon School District.
- Mount Vernon man, Lutfee Abdul-Halim, 37, who was Tasered following a police chase on I-95 Tuesday morning told Norwalk officers that he was hallucinating and did not think they were real cops, according to police reports.
- A Yonkers police detective who was injured in Mount Vernon in a hit-and-run is suing the suspect in the incident, according to LoHud.com.
- Republican gubernatorial nominee and Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino labeled Andrew Cuomo "the most corrupt governor in history" on Wednesday and called for an expedited investigation in light of a New York Times investigation report that revealed Cuomo staffers interfered with the Moreland Ethics Commission.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Pedestrian Hurt In Mount Vernon Hit-And-Run
- 3 Gang Members Charged With Murder, Other Felonies In White Plains Court
- 4 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 5 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car