MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon last week:
- A Mount Vernon man, Dontan Jenkins, 32, who works for a security company was accused of shooting and killing a coworker at Levister Towers on Monday, according to LoHud.com.
- With new leadership at the top, and a clear vision in place for students, optimism is reaching a new high in the much-maligned Mount Vernon School District.
- Mount Vernon man, Lutfee Abdul-Halim, 37, who was Tasered following a police chase on I-95 Tuesday morning told Norwalk officers that he was hallucinating and did not think they were real cops, according to police reports.
- A Yonkers police detective who was injured in Mount Vernon in a hit-and-run is suing the suspect in the incident, according to LoHud.com.
- Republican gubernatorial nominee and Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino labeled Andrew Cuomo "the most corrupt governor in history" on Wednesday and called for an expedited investigation in light of a New York Times investigation report that revealed Cuomo staffers interfered with the Moreland Ethics Commission.
- 1 Hearing To Continue On Mount Vernon's 42 W. Broad Street Development
- 2 60-Year-Old Man Charged In 25 Cat Killings In Yonkers
- 3 IRS Warns Mount Vernon Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Westchester Player Among Those Stuck On Team Bus During Buffalo Blizzard
- 5 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations