MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon last week:
- A Mount Vernon man, Dontan Jenkins, 32, who works for a security company was accused of shooting and killing a coworker at Levister Towers on Monday, according to LoHud.com.
- With new leadership at the top, and a clear vision in place for students, optimism is reaching a new high in the much-maligned Mount Vernon School District.
- Mount Vernon man, Lutfee Abdul-Halim, 37, who was Tasered following a police chase on I-95 Tuesday morning told Norwalk officers that he was hallucinating and did not think they were real cops, according to police reports.
- A Yonkers police detective who was injured in Mount Vernon in a hit-and-run is suing the suspect in the incident, according to LoHud.com.
- Republican gubernatorial nominee and Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino labeled Andrew Cuomo "the most corrupt governor in history" on Wednesday and called for an expedited investigation in light of a New York Times investigation report that revealed Cuomo staffers interfered with the Moreland Ethics Commission.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 Two Shot Inside Apartment Building In Yonkers
- 4 Mount Vernon Investigation Into Report Of Gunshots Tops Week's News
- 5 Mobile Shredder Set To Return To Mount Vernon