MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Former Mount Vernon High School basketball standout and current University of Oklahoma guard Isaiah Cousins is expected to make a full recovery and return to his college team in time for summer workouts after being hit by a stray bullet on Tuesday, according to News 12.
As previously reported, Cousins was an innocent bystander when he and a group of friends were caught in the crossfire of a gang shootout.
Cousins, who just finished his sophomore year at Oklahoma, was the Section 1 MVP his senior year at Mount Vernon.
- 1 Mount Vernon Man Convicted In Fatal Stabbing Of Girlfriend Gets 25 To Life
- 2 Mount Vernon's Andre Jones Convicted Of Kidnapping, Robbery
- 3 New Medical-Surgical Unit At Montefiore Opens In Mount Vernon
- 4 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 5 Robbers On The Run After Heist At Pelham Manor Store