MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Former Mount Vernon High School basketball standout and current University of Oklahoma guard Isaiah Cousins is expected to make a full recovery and return to his college team in time for summer workouts after being hit by a stray bullet on Tuesday, according to News 12.
As previously reported, Cousins was an innocent bystander when he and a group of friends were caught in the crossfire of a gang shootout.
Cousins, who just finished his sophomore year at Oklahoma, was the Section 1 MVP his senior year at Mount Vernon.
- 1 Mount Vernon Man Pleads Guilty To Assaulting Yonkers Police Officer
- 2 Manhattan Building Collapses After Apparent Gas Explosion
- 3 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Mount Vernon
- 5 Trader Joe's Recalls Walnuts Because Of Possible Health Risk