MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Former Mount Vernon High School basketball standout and current University of Oklahoma guard Isaiah Cousins is expected to make a full recovery and return to his college team in time for summer workouts after being hit by a stray bullet on Tuesday, according to News 12.
As previously reported, Cousins was an innocent bystander when he and a group of friends were caught in the crossfire of a gang shootout.
Cousins, who just finished his sophomore year at Oklahoma, was the Section 1 MVP his senior year at Mount Vernon.
- 1 Mount Vernon Man Charged With DWI Over Memorial Day Weekend
- 2 4-Year-Old Yonkers Girl In Critical Condition After Accidentally Shooting
- 3 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 4 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 5 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three