MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Former Mount Vernon High School basketball standout and current University of Oklahoma guard Isaiah Cousins is expected to make a full recovery and return to his college team in time for summer workouts after being hit by a stray bullet on Tuesday, according to News 12.
As previously reported, Cousins was an innocent bystander when he and a group of friends were caught in the crossfire of a gang shootout.
Cousins, who just finished his sophomore year at Oklahoma, was the Section 1 MVP his senior year at Mount Vernon.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Mount Vernon Wins Boys Basketball Crown; Three Title Games Moved To Monday
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 Mount Vernon Basketball Fans Celebrate Championship Win
- 5 Sex Offenders Live Near Mount Vernon Pre-K's, Report Says