MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Former Mount Vernon High School basketball standout and current University of Oklahoma guard Isaiah Cousins is expected to make a full recovery and return to his college team in time for summer workouts after being hit by a stray bullet on Tuesday, according to News 12.
As previously reported, Cousins was an innocent bystander when he and a group of friends were caught in the crossfire of a gang shootout.
Cousins, who just finished his sophomore year at Oklahoma, was the Section 1 MVP his senior year at Mount Vernon.
- 1 Man Stabbed In Street Overnight In Mount Vernon
- 2 Mount Vernon Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 3 Mount Vernon Poised To Erect Afforable Housing For Seniors
- 4 Mount Vernon Hosts Smart School Bond Act Rally
- 5 Mount Vernon Sergeant In Shooting Named In Excessive Force Lawsuits