MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. – The Mount Vernon Youth Bureau is looking for subcontractors who would receive funding to bring new youth-oriented programs to the city.
Any individual or community organization that provides public services that support the Mount Vernon Youth Bureau’s mission is eligible to receive funding to kick-start a program.
The Mount Vernon Youth Bureau regularly makes use of subcontractors to expand its reach in the community. Any proposed program should provide positive youth development for residents between the ages of 7 and 24.
In order to earn a contract that provides funding from the Mount Vernon Youth Bureau, a formal request must be made to the bureau in Room 308 at City Hall.
Requests should indicate the goal and objectives of the project, including what services and supports that will be provided. There should be a proposed budget that identifies how many children the program can support and how they will be evaluated to determine the success of the project.
The request should further detail the scope of the services that will be provided by the organization and what need the program will fill in the community. A target population should be identified and the organization should explain how funding from the Youth Bureau will supplement the plan.
Lastly, the Mount Vernon Youth Bureau needs legal information from the organization or individual, including:
- Legal name and address of the agency
- Name, title and contact information for person(s) authorized to sign contracts
- Corporate resolution or unincorporated organization resolution indicating the person or persons authorized to contract on behalf of the agency
- List of board of directors
- Federal Tax ID for agencies or W9 (Social Security number) for individuals
- Proof of liability insurance
- Non-profit 501C (3) status certification
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.