MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Con Edison workers said they are upgrading gas mains along East 2nd Street on Wednesday afternoon.
Workers said they are expecting the work to be completed by 11 p.m.
As of 3 p.m., the section of East 2nd Street between South 5th and South 6th avenues; and between South 5th and South 4th avenues, are closed to traffic.
East 5th Street is open to traffic, as is one lane of East 4th Street.
Check back with The Mount Vernon Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Robbers On The Run After Heist At Pelham Manor Store
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 Mount Vernon Police Slow To Update Sex Offender Info, Audit Finds
- 4 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 5 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway