MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Con Edison workers said they are upgrading gas mains along East 2nd Street on Wednesday afternoon.
Workers said they are expecting the work to be completed by 11 p.m.
As of 3 p.m., the section of East 2nd Street between South 5th and South 6th avenues; and between South 5th and South 4th avenues, are closed to traffic.
East 5th Street is open to traffic, as is one lane of East 4th Street.
Check back with The Mount Vernon Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Fire Displaces Five Families, Kills Four Cats In Yonkers
- 2 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 3 Chance Of Snow Returns To Mount Vernon Tuesday
- 4 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 5 Hutch Reopens After Overturned Vehicle Accident; Stop-And-Go Delays On I-95