MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Con Edison workers said they are upgrading gas mains along East 2nd Street on Wednesday afternoon.
Workers said they are expecting the work to be completed by 11 p.m.
As of 3 p.m., the section of East 2nd Street between South 5th and South 6th avenues; and between South 5th and South 4th avenues, are closed to traffic.
East 5th Street is open to traffic, as is one lane of East 4th Street.
Check back with The Mount Vernon Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody
- 2 Authorities Investigating Woman Found Dead In Mount Vernon PD Holding Cell
- 3 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 4 Mount Vernon Market Fined By Liquor Authority For Marijuana Use On Premises
- 5 Police Investigating Overnight Home Invasion In New Rochelle