MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon this week:
- After a lengthy search process, the Mount Vernon Board of Education has narrowed its search to four finalists looking to replace interim Superintendent Judith Johnson.
- The Westchester County Police took to the skies on Thursday night, as the department’s Aviation Unit rescued a Mount Vernon wind surfer in New Rochelle.
- Oklahoma University and Mount Vernon native Isaiah Cousins were eliminated in the first round of the NCAA men's basketball tournament.
- New York State Police charged a man with driving while ability impaired after allegedly finding him asleep behind the wheel of his vehicle in the Sprain Brook Parkway.
- New Rochelle Police have charged a Mount Vernon man in connection to a shooting at Parkside Place apartments last year.
- New York is the worst state in the country to be a taxpayer, according to rankings released by WalletHub.com.
- 1 60-Year-Old Man Charged In 25 Cat Killings In Yonkers
- 2 Hearing To Continue On Mount Vernon's 42 W. Broad Street Development
- 3 IRS Warns Mount Vernon Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Westchester Player Among Those Stuck On Team Bus During Buffalo Blizzard
- 5 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations