MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon this week:
- After a lengthy search process, the Mount Vernon Board of Education has narrowed its search to four finalists looking to replace interim Superintendent Judith Johnson.
- The Westchester County Police took to the skies on Thursday night, as the department’s Aviation Unit rescued a Mount Vernon wind surfer in New Rochelle.
- Oklahoma University and Mount Vernon native Isaiah Cousins were eliminated in the first round of the NCAA men's basketball tournament.
- New York State Police charged a man with driving while ability impaired after allegedly finding him asleep behind the wheel of his vehicle in the Sprain Brook Parkway.
- New Rochelle Police have charged a Mount Vernon man in connection to a shooting at Parkside Place apartments last year.
- New York is the worst state in the country to be a taxpayer, according to rankings released by WalletHub.com.
- 1 Mount Vernon Man Charged With DWI Over Memorial Day Weekend
- 2 4-Year-Old Yonkers Girl In Critical Condition After Accidentally Shooting
- 3 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 4 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs