MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon this week:
- After a lengthy search process, the Mount Vernon Board of Education has narrowed its search to four finalists looking to replace interim Superintendent Judith Johnson.
- The Westchester County Police took to the skies on Thursday night, as the department’s Aviation Unit rescued a Mount Vernon wind surfer in New Rochelle.
- Oklahoma University and Mount Vernon native Isaiah Cousins were eliminated in the first round of the NCAA men's basketball tournament.
- New York State Police charged a man with driving while ability impaired after allegedly finding him asleep behind the wheel of his vehicle in the Sprain Brook Parkway.
- New Rochelle Police have charged a Mount Vernon man in connection to a shooting at Parkside Place apartments last year.
- New York is the worst state in the country to be a taxpayer, according to rankings released by WalletHub.com.
- 1 Mount Vernon Employee Charged With Stealing From Parking Meters
- 2 Mount Vernon Miffed Maligned Mayor Won't Step Down
- 3 Bank Robber Remains On The Loose In Mount Vernon
- 4 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 No Ebola Cases In Mount Vernon, Despite Rumors, Says Mayor's Office