MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon this week:
- After a lengthy search process, the Mount Vernon Board of Education has narrowed its search to four finalists looking to replace interim Superintendent Judith Johnson.
- The Westchester County Police took to the skies on Thursday night, as the department’s Aviation Unit rescued a Mount Vernon wind surfer in New Rochelle.
- Oklahoma University and Mount Vernon native Isaiah Cousins were eliminated in the first round of the NCAA men's basketball tournament.
- New York State Police charged a man with driving while ability impaired after allegedly finding him asleep behind the wheel of his vehicle in the Sprain Brook Parkway.
- New Rochelle Police have charged a Mount Vernon man in connection to a shooting at Parkside Place apartments last year.
- New York is the worst state in the country to be a taxpayer, according to rankings released by WalletHub.com.
- 1 Officials To Break Ground On Long Delayed $60M Development
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Mount Vernon; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Mount Vernon, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Mount Vernon Enters State Of Emergency As Storm Arrives
- 5 Four Plead Guilty In Mount Vernon Gang Deaths