MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. — More people will be purchasing Powerball tickets before the big drawing Wednesday night, ticket sellers on Gramatan Avenue in Mount Vernon predicted.
The Powerball jackpot had grown to $500 million Tuesday, the day before the drawing Wednesday. With no winner Saturday, the jackpot is the largest ever in the history of Powerball, which dates to 1988 when only five state participated.
Store owners who sell Powerball tickets said it wasn't busy Tuesday, but they are expecting lines Wednesday of people looking for a chance to become an instant multimillionaire.
Check back with The Mount Vernon Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody
- 2 Authorities Investigating Woman Found Dead In Mount Vernon PD Holding Cell
- 3 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 4 Mount Vernon Market Fined By Liquor Authority For Marijuana Use On Premises
- 5 Police Investigating Overnight Home Invasion In New Rochelle