MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. — More people will be purchasing Powerball tickets before the big drawing Wednesday night, ticket sellers on Gramatan Avenue in Mount Vernon predicted.
The Powerball jackpot had grown to $500 million Tuesday, the day before the drawing Wednesday. With no winner Saturday, the jackpot is the largest ever in the history of Powerball, which dates to 1988 when only five state participated.
Store owners who sell Powerball tickets said it wasn't busy Tuesday, but they are expecting lines Wednesday of people looking for a chance to become an instant multimillionaire.
Check back with The Mount Vernon Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Core Member Of Mount Vernon Street Gang Gets 28 Years In Prison
- 2 Mount Vernon Man Pleads Guilty To Killing 'Neighborhood Grandmother'
- 3 Mount Vernon Police Seek Strip Club Shooting Suspect
- 4 Sex Offenders Live Near Mount Vernon Pre-K's, Report Says
- 5 Mount Vernon Officials Break Ground On Workforce Housing