MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon this week:
- The proposed Mount Vernon School District’s $227.5 million budget was unofficially passed by voters Tuesday, with 1178 “yes” votes against just 596 “no” votes.
- The United Corner Luncheonette, a popular eatery in Mount Vernon, was severely damaged by what appears to be an accidental electrical fire on Monday night, according to News 12.
- New York City police shot and killed a Mount Vernon man after he allegedly robbed a Manhattan pharmacy on Friday, May 16.
- The Westchester County Association has named Mount Vernon's Databean as the winner of the "Pitch to the Pros" contest.
- A 20-year-old Mount Vernon man was arrested on Sunday and was charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated on the Taconic Parkway.
- 1 60-Year-Old Man Charged In 25 Cat Killings In Yonkers
- 2 Hearing To Continue On Mount Vernon's 42 W. Broad Street Development
- 3 IRS Warns Mount Vernon Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Westchester Player Among Those Stuck On Team Bus During Buffalo Blizzard
- 5 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations