MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. – A Mount Vernon business is littering and causing traffic congestion, according to furious S. 9th Avenue residents.
Resident Trevor McLain said the street between Sandford Boulevard and W. 7th Street has become a “regular parking lot” for trucks from DGC Capital, located at 506 S. 9th Ave. McLain said residents in the neighborhood are being “totally disrespected.”
“The place is so congested, delivery drivers are parking in the middle of the street,” McLain said. “It’s difficult to put into words.”
McLain said garbage is also being dropped on the street by the company and not being picked up.
“We should have a certain civic pride to the extent we can pick up garbage,” McLain said. “Even though we are from a lower socioeconomic neighborhood we should be able to go to our homes.”
City Council President J. Yuhanna Edwards said the city has a new code enforcement officer, adding that the city could only afford to pay for one right night. Council member Roberta Apuzzo said she will visit the area and discuss the situation with the code enforcement officer.
“What is going on shouldn’t be happening,” Apuzzo said.
Calls to DRG Capital were not returned.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Mount Vernon Teen Goes For Scholarship In Culinary Arts Competition
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 Mount Vernon Wins Boys Basketball Crown; Three Title Games Moved To Monday
- 5 Mount Vernon Basketball Fans Celebrate Championship Win