MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. — Eight people displaced by a gas leak on Thursday night are back in their homes.
Assistant Fire Chief Tom Duffy said a gas leak was reported at about 7:15 p.m. Thursday at 16 Rockledge Ave., which caused the family living there and the two families living in the houses on either side to be displaced for two hours.
“We were getting high readings out of that house,” Duffy said. “There was a gas leak and Con Edison fixed the problem. There is no immediate danger in that area right now.”
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.