UPDATED 2:30 p.m.: Police Commissioner Carl Bell said that the woman accused of stealing the bus was drunk when she got behind the wheel at the repair shop. Police said the woman, whose name has not been released, crashed into two parked cars before hitting a pole on East Sandford Boulevard. No one other than the driver was on the bus and no injuries were reported.
MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - A school bus that police said was possibly stolen crashed when the driver passed out behind the wheel, police said.
The accident occurred near the intersection of E. Sandford Boulevard and S. 4th Ave. Police said the bus was possibly stolen from a nearby repair shop.
Check back with The Mount Vernon Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody
- 2 Authorities Investigating Woman Found Dead In Mount Vernon PD Holding Cell
- 3 Mount Vernon Market Fined By Liquor Authority For Marijuana Use On Premises
- 4 Attorney General Joins Investigation Into Mount Vernon Holding Cell Death
- 5 Family Files $20M Suit Against Yonkers In Police Raid Fatal Fall Incident