UPDATED 2:30 p.m.: Police Commissioner Carl Bell said that the woman accused of stealing the bus was drunk when she got behind the wheel at the repair shop. Police said the woman, whose name has not been released, crashed into two parked cars before hitting a pole on East Sandford Boulevard. No one other than the driver was on the bus and no injuries were reported.
MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - A school bus that police said was possibly stolen crashed when the driver passed out behind the wheel, police said.
The accident occurred near the intersection of E. Sandford Boulevard and S. 4th Ave. Police said the bus was possibly stolen from a nearby repair shop.
Check back with The Mount Vernon Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Mount Vernon Man Charged With Rape Of 13-Year-Old
- 2 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 3 'Property Brothers' Looking For Westchester Residents To Appear In TV Show
- 4 Mount Vernon's Lawrence Presents Sobering Moments At Gun Buy Back
- 5 Rough Rides Abound After Brutal Winter Takes Toll On Westchester Roads