MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon this week:
- Mount Vernon Police Chief John Roland , a 31 year veteran of the Mount Vernon Police Department will be retiring on Jan. 31.
- Westchester County Police charged a teacher Meaghan White, 34, with rape in connection with two sexual encounters she had with a 16-year-old boy at a county park in Mount Vernon.
- There is no indication of any mechanical malfunction in the train, rails, or signal system involved the Metro-North Hudson Line derailment Sunday, which killed four and injured others, the NTSB announced at a press conference at the Hampton Inn in Yonkers.
- A Texas man is under arrest after he was accused of fleeing Westchester County Police on the Hutchinson River Parkway in New Rochelle during an attempted traffic stop.
- The engineer in Sunday's Metro-North derailment in the Bronx that killed four people and injured dozens has been suspended without pay, according to NBC News.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.