MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Mayor Ernie Davis' proposed 2013 budget is calling for a tax hike of 9 percent.
However, with a 2 percent cap on increasing the tax levy, the City Council would need a supermajority to pass the $94.6 million proposed budget.
Last year, the tax hike under Mayor Clinton Young was 6.1 percent.
Check back with The Mount Vernon Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 2 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 3 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 4 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 5 Man, 29, Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges, Says Westchester DA