MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Mayor Ernie Davis' proposed 2013 budget is calling for a tax hike of 9 percent.
However, with a 2 percent cap on increasing the tax levy, the City Council would need a supermajority to pass the $94.6 million proposed budget.
Last year, the tax hike under Mayor Clinton Young was 6.1 percent.
Check back with The Mount Vernon Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Hearing To Continue On Mount Vernon's 42 W. Broad Street Development
- 2 60-Year-Old Man Charged In 25 Cat Killings In Yonkers
- 3 IRS Warns Mount Vernon Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Westchester Player Among Those Stuck On Team Bus During Buffalo Blizzard
- 5 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations