MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Mayor Ernie Davis' proposed 2013 budget is calling for a tax hike of 9 percent.
However, with a 2 percent cap on increasing the tax levy, the City Council would need a supermajority to pass the $94.6 million proposed budget.
Last year, the tax hike under Mayor Clinton Young was 6.1 percent.
Check back with The Mount Vernon Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Mount Vernon Wins Boys Basketball Crown; Three Title Games Moved To Monday
- 2 Sex Offenders Live Near Mount Vernon Pre-K's, Report Says
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 Mount Vernon Police Seek Strip Club Shooting Suspect
- 5 Mount Vernon Officials Break Ground On Workforce Housing