MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Mayor Ernie Davis' proposed 2013 budget is calling for a tax hike of 9 percent.
However, with a 2 percent cap on increasing the tax levy, the City Council would need a supermajority to pass the $94.6 million proposed budget.
Last year, the tax hike under Mayor Clinton Young was 6.1 percent.
Check back with The Mount Vernon Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Mount Vernon Schools Budget Represents No Tax Levy Increase
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 3 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 4 Man, 34, Is Charged With Driving Wrong Way On Hutch, DWI
- 5 'I Am A Woman,' Westchester Native Bruce Jenner Says In TV Interview