MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Mayor Ernie Davis' proposed 2013 budget is calling for a tax hike of 9 percent.
However, with a 2 percent cap on increasing the tax levy, the City Council would need a supermajority to pass the $94.6 million proposed budget.
Last year, the tax hike under Mayor Clinton Young was 6.1 percent.
Check back with The Mount Vernon Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Mount Vernon Man Pleads Guilty To Assaulting Yonkers Police Officer
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 Former Westchester DA Pirro Makes Appearance At Robert Durst Hearing
- 4 Manhattan Building Collapses After Apparent Gas Explosion
- 5 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among Nation's 'Smartest'