MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon this week:
- New York State Police in Hawthorne charged a Mount Vernon man with driving while intoxicated.
- The man who died Wednesday morning after jumping from the Tappan Zee Bridge has been identified as 29-year-old Karl Peterson of Scarsdale.
- The Fulton Avenue Drawbridge between Mount Vernon and Pelham Manor will be closed until Monday, April 21, while crews work to repair electrical malfunctions.
- Nine Westchester neighborhoods have made the list of the Top 25 Richest Neighborhoods In the New York City Suburbs.
- An 11-year veteran of senior services provider Wartburg, John Schuster, has been promoted to administrator of Meadowview Assisted Living, a 103-resident facility on Wartburg’s 34-acre campus.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 State Police Warn Mount Vernon Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Mount Vernon's Stop & Shop Will Be Powered By Bloom Energy Fuel Cell
- 4 Mount Vernon Fire Displaces 11
- 5 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield