MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon this week:
- New York State Police in Hawthorne charged a Mount Vernon man with driving while intoxicated.
- The man who died Wednesday morning after jumping from the Tappan Zee Bridge has been identified as 29-year-old Karl Peterson of Scarsdale.
- The Fulton Avenue Drawbridge between Mount Vernon and Pelham Manor will be closed until Monday, April 21, while crews work to repair electrical malfunctions.
- Nine Westchester neighborhoods have made the list of the Top 25 Richest Neighborhoods In the New York City Suburbs.
- An 11-year veteran of senior services provider Wartburg, John Schuster, has been promoted to administrator of Meadowview Assisted Living, a 103-resident facility on Wartburg’s 34-acre campus.
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody
- 2 Authorities Investigating Woman Found Dead In Mount Vernon PD Holding Cell
- 3 Mount Vernon Market Fined By Liquor Authority For Marijuana Use On Premises
- 4 Attorney General Joins Investigation Into Mount Vernon Holding Cell Death
- 5 Family Files $20M Suit Against Yonkers In Police Raid Fatal Fall Incident