MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. – Nichelle Johnson, the city of Mount Vernon’s top corporation counsel, has been cleared of any ethical misconduct after it was found that she made use of a publisher and strip club owner’s car.
Earlier this year, Johnson – who is also Mayor Ernest Davis’ chief of staff – became the subject of a Board of Ethics probe after it was found she was loaned a BMW from newspaper publisher Sam Zherka.
Zherka, who also owns and operates a strip club, has sued the city twice and was recently appointed to Mount Vernon’s police-community liaison committee.
- 1 Man Stabbed In Street Overnight In Mount Vernon
- 2 Mount Vernon Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 3 Mount Vernon Poised To Erect Afforable Housing For Seniors
- 4 Mount Vernon Hosts Smart School Bond Act Rally
- 5 Mount Vernon Sergeant In Shooting Named In Excessive Force Lawsuits