MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. – Nichelle Johnson, the city of Mount Vernon’s top corporation counsel, has been cleared of any ethical misconduct after it was found that she made use of a publisher and strip club owner’s car.
Earlier this year, Johnson – who is also Mayor Ernest Davis’ chief of staff – became the subject of a Board of Ethics probe after it was found she was loaned a BMW from newspaper publisher Sam Zherka.
Zherka, who also owns and operates a strip club, has sued the city twice and was recently appointed to Mount Vernon’s police-community liaison committee.
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody
- 2 Authorities Investigating Woman Found Dead In Mount Vernon PD Holding Cell
- 3 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 4 Police Investigating Overnight Home Invasion In New Rochelle
- 5 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Donald Trump's Westchester Estate