MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- The City of Mount Vernon has hired a contractor to clean up cooking oil that was improperly dumped into the Hutchinson River, according to News 12 Westchester.
Several residents complained of a foul oder near the river. The state Department of Environmental Protection and the Mount Vernon Department of Public Works tracked the oil back to a private cooking oil transfer station, News 12 Westchester reported.
Authorities said the city will bill the transfer station for the oil cleanup, News 12 Westchester said.
- 1 Mount Vernon Man Convicted In Fatal Stabbing Of Girlfriend Gets 25 To Life
- 2 Mount Vernon's Andre Jones Convicted Of Kidnapping, Robbery
- 3 New Medical-Surgical Unit At Montefiore Opens In Mount Vernon
- 4 State Advises Parents To Be Aware Of Signs Of Serious Respiratory Virus
- 5 National Weather Service: Mount Vernon's Winter Won't Be So Bad