MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- The City of Mount Vernon has hired a contractor to clean up cooking oil that was improperly dumped into the Hutchinson River, according to News 12 Westchester.
Several residents complained of a foul oder near the river. The state Department of Environmental Protection and the Mount Vernon Department of Public Works tracked the oil back to a private cooking oil transfer station, News 12 Westchester reported.
Authorities said the city will bill the transfer station for the oil cleanup, News 12 Westchester said.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 Snow Likely In Mount Vernon On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 Mount Vernon Investigation Into Report Of Gunshots Tops Week's News
- 4 Two Shot Inside Apartment Building In Yonkers
- 5 Mount Vernon Office Building Sold For $1.5 Million