MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- The City of Mount Vernon has hired a contractor to clean up cooking oil that was improperly dumped into the Hutchinson River, according to News 12 Westchester.
Several residents complained of a foul oder near the river. The state Department of Environmental Protection and the Mount Vernon Department of Public Works tracked the oil back to a private cooking oil transfer station, News 12 Westchester reported.
Authorities said the city will bill the transfer station for the oil cleanup, News 12 Westchester said.
- 1 Mount Vernon Employee Arrested For Stealing From Parking Meters
- 2 Astorino, Jindal Team Up To Call For Ebola Airport Restrictions
- 3 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Mount Vernon Skies Sunday
- 4 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Mount Vernon Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend