MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- The City of Mount Vernon has hired a contractor to clean up cooking oil that was improperly dumped into the Hutchinson River, according to News 12 Westchester.
Several residents complained of a foul oder near the river. The state Department of Environmental Protection and the Mount Vernon Department of Public Works tracked the oil back to a private cooking oil transfer station, News 12 Westchester reported.
Authorities said the city will bill the transfer station for the oil cleanup, News 12 Westchester said.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 State Police Warn Mount Vernon Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Mount Vernon's Stop & Shop Will Be Powered By Bloom Energy Fuel Cell
- 4 Mount Vernon Fire Displaces 11
- 5 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield