MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- The City of Mount Vernon has hired a contractor to clean up cooking oil that was improperly dumped into the Hutchinson River, according to News 12 Westchester.
Several residents complained of a foul oder near the river. The state Department of Environmental Protection and the Mount Vernon Department of Public Works tracked the oil back to a private cooking oil transfer station, News 12 Westchester reported.
Authorities said the city will bill the transfer station for the oil cleanup, News 12 Westchester said.
- 1 Four Plead Guilty In Mount Vernon Gang Murder
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Mount Vernon, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Academy Holds Graduation For New Mount Vernon Firefighters
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Mount Vernon; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Mount Vernon