MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon last week:
- A Mount Vernon fire that originated in a Caribbean eatery eventually destroyed three other businesses on West First Street, News 12 Westchester reported.
- The city of Mount Vernon has hired a contractor to clean up cooking oil that was improperly dumped into the Hutchinson River , according to News 12 Westchester.
- New York State Police have charged a Mount Vernon man with possession of a controlled substance and driving while ability impaired, officials said.
- A&E's newest program, "Cement Heads," is a reality show that follows WJL Equities, a family-owned construction company based in Eastchester. It will be telecast on Tuesdays at 10:30 p.m.
- The missing vulnerable adult alert for Saurav Banik has been canceled, the state Division of Criminal Justice Services announced.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.