MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Mount Vernon City Hall will re-open on Tuesday after being forced to close on Monday because of an electronic malfunction.
It is believed that rapidly melting snow was the cause of many similar instances in the city on Monday, leading to smoking or sparking wires.
Road salt dripping onto the third rail of the Metro-North rail line additionally caused a loud explosion on the tracks under the overpass at the intersection of South 6th Avenue and West 1st Street.
Any complaints regarding heating on Monday night can be addressed to the Mount Vernon Fire Department at (914) 665-2600.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.