MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- With the latest winter storm expected to move into the area early Thursday, Feb. 13, alternate side of the street parking will be in effect for all streets in Mount Vernon.
Alternate side parking allows crews to plow streets to the curb on one side through the duration of the storm. Motorists will be allowed to park on the opposite side of the street once the storm is over.
Residents are reminded not to blow or throw snow into the street when clearing property or cars and to consider clearing hydrants that may be in front of your property.
- 1 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings In Mount Vernon
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 5 Eastchester Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Car Accident That Killed Three