MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon last week:
- The autistic Mount Vernon teenager who went missing nearly two weeks ago was found by police in East Harlem.
- NBC’s popular primetime drama ‘The Blacklist’ continues to film on location in Mount Vernon. Directors, actors and crew were all on set, near City Hall at the corner North 5th Avenue and Stevens Avenue.
- In his quest to build trust and cohesion between the school district and community, new Schools Superintendent Kenneth Hamilton is teaming with Mount Vernon Mayor Ernest Davis to host the third annual “Back to School Backpack Giveaway.”
- Police have released descriptions of the three suspects in the Tourneau jewelry store smash-and-grab robbery in The Westchester mall on Sunday, Aug. 17.
- State Sen. Jeff Klein (D-Bronx/Westchester), joined by Mount Vernon elected officials and community leaders, unveiled the newly renovated Broad Street Pavilion.
- 1 60-Year-Old Man Charged In 25 Cat Killings In Yonkers
- 2 Hearing To Continue On Mount Vernon's 42 W. Broad Street Development
- 3 IRS Warns Mount Vernon Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Westchester Player Among Those Stuck On Team Bus During Buffalo Blizzard
- 5 Unsafe Lane Change Cited Is In I-95 Crash That Killed National Guard Member