WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Train service was restored at about 9 a.m. Thursday along the New Haven Line, Metro-North announced via Twitter.
"Please be advised that all repairs have been made to the Walk Bridge. Train Service has been restored between SoNo and East Norwalk," Metro-North said.
"Customers should anticipate delays/crowded conditions due to significant congestion in the vicinity of SoNo," Metro-North said.
A conductor at the Fairfield station said trains were backed up along the New Haven Line. His train departed at about 9:10 a.m., after trains ahead of his were moving.
Train service through Norwalk was disrupted for about three hours total, stopping trains in both directions in that area while the bridge was repaired.
- 1 Funeral Arrangements Made For Raynette Turner In Mount Vernon
- 2 Initial Autopsy Results Inconclusive In Mount Vernon PD Holding Cell Death
- 3 Police Seeking Public's Help In Identifying Yonkers Hospital Inpatient
- 4 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 5 Mount Vernon Woman Was Sick Hours Before Holding Cell Death