MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Mary Amoia of Mount Vernon died Wednesday, Aug. 6. She was 98.
Amoia was born March 3, 1916, in Manhattan, to Fidelio and Santa (DeVenuto) Rizzo. She was the co-owner of Chambers Beverage Co. in New York. Before owning the beverage company, she was a seamstress for many years.
Amoia is survived by her children, Tina Sclafani (Mario) of South Salem, Michael Amoia (Patricia) of West Paterson, N.J., and Terry Claro (Manny) of Brewster; 13 grandchildren; 29 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-granddaughters; and a sister, Sabina Valetutti of Florida. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Antonio Amoia; daughter, Josephine Peterson; and granddaughter, Karen Sclafani.
Calling hours are Friday, Aug. 8, from 3-7 p.m. at Beecher Funeral Home, 1 Putnam Ave., Brewster. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 9, at St. Lawrence O'Toole Church, Brewster. Interment will follow at Ferncliff Cemetery.
- 1 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 4 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 5 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust