MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Mary Amoia of Mount Vernon died Wednesday, Aug. 6. She was 98.
Amoia was born March 3, 1916, in Manhattan, to Fidelio and Santa (DeVenuto) Rizzo. She was the co-owner of Chambers Beverage Co. in New York. Before owning the beverage company, she was a seamstress for many years.
Amoia is survived by her children, Tina Sclafani (Mario) of South Salem, Michael Amoia (Patricia) of West Paterson, N.J., and Terry Claro (Manny) of Brewster; 13 grandchildren; 29 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-granddaughters; and a sister, Sabina Valetutti of Florida. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Antonio Amoia; daughter, Josephine Peterson; and granddaughter, Karen Sclafani.
Calling hours are Friday, Aug. 8, from 3-7 p.m. at Beecher Funeral Home, 1 Putnam Ave., Brewster. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 9, at St. Lawrence O'Toole Church, Brewster. Interment will follow at Ferncliff Cemetery.
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody
- 2 Authorities Investigating Woman Found Dead In Mount Vernon PD Holding Cell
- 3 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 4 Mount Vernon Market Fined By Liquor Authority For Marijuana Use On Premises
- 5 Police Investigating Overnight Home Invasion In New Rochelle