MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon this week:
- A man was shot and killed Tuesday afternoon outside a Mount Vernon apartment complex.
- The children of New York gubernatorial candidate County Executive Rob Astorino will be among thousands of students boycotting the New York State Common Core English Language Arts exam, Astorino announced in a video.
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo and New York State lawmakers passed a $140 billion budget that provides tax relief for businesses, homeowners and renters.
- Four Westchester Workforce Development Academy for Youth students, Shariff Grant, Mckiy Hewitt and Jamie Fernandez are leaving Mount Vernon to join the U.S. armed forces.
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman Indicted On Manslaughter Charges in Attack With Car
- 2 Mount Vernon Man Charged With DWI Over Memorial Day Weekend
- 3 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 4 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Mount Vernon Meeting Will Focus On Police Test Preparation