MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon last week:
- Mount Vernon motorists are going to have to exercise a little more caution when approaching yellow lights after Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed legislation to install red light traffic cameras at intersections.
- A judge has entered a not guilty plea on behalf of Lloyd Lewis, the Mount Vernon man accused of beating beloved South Sixth Street resident Emma Gruber to death.
- Cleanup crews were hard at work in Mount Vernon after flames tore through a North Terrace Avenue apartment in the morning.
- 1 Mount Vernon Employee Charged With Stealing From Parking Meters
- 2 Mount Vernon Miffed Maligned Mayor Won't Step Down
- 3 Bank Robber Remains On The Loose In Mount Vernon
- 4 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 No Ebola Cases In Mount Vernon, Despite Rumors, Says Mayor's Office