MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. – Keith Monro, 52, of Mount Vernon, formerly of Troy, Pa., died Friday, May 23, 2014 at Calvary Hospital in the Bronx.
Monro was born in Sayre, Pa., on Oct. 20, 1961, to Lyle and Linda (Tillinghast) Monro. He was a 1979 graduate of Troy High School and received a bachelor of science degree in business logistics and agro-business from Pennsylvania State University. He was employed with NYSCO Products in the Bronx for 21 years.
Keith was known for his love of family, friends and work. He was an avid traveler whose favorite destination was Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. He also loved music and photography.
He is survived by his parents, Lyle and Linda of Columbia Cross Roads, four siblings: Andrew (Kathy) Monro of Columbia Cross Roads, Pa.; LeeAnne Monro of Jupiter, Fla.; Brian (Dayna) Monro of Succasunna, N.J.; and Angela (Timothy) Bowers of Milton, Pa., seven special nieces and nephews, two great nephews, many cousins and a dear friend, Anthony Peterson of Mount Vernon. He also leaves two cats who were like children, “Bear” and “Little.”
In lieu of flowers, a donation can be made in his memory to Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1705 York Ave. New York, NY 10065.
Condolences can be shared at http://www.pepperfuneralhomes.com.
- 1 Mount Vernon Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Mount Vernon, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Mount Vernon
- 4 Academy Holds Graduation For New Mount Vernon Firefighters
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow