MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon last week:
- An unarmed woman made off with several thousand dollars after robbing a Chase Bank on Monday afternoon, Oct. 20.
- Despite pleading guilty to federal tax charges and admitting he failed to file income tax returns on a pair of occasions, much-maligned Mount Vernon Mayor Ernest Davis has steadfastly refused to vacate his office , drawing the ire of locals.
- The Mount Vernon Mayor's Office is saying the city has no confirmed cases of Ebola despite recent reports of a man showing symptoms, according to News 12 Westchester.
- The Wartburg School celebrated its 150th anniversary with an event-filled Fall Festival on its 34-acre campus in Mount Vernon.
- Although the game's outcome wasn’t what fans of the Mount Vernon High School Knights could have hoped for, it still was a successful homecoming weekend in the city, which celebrated the life of former football great Rodney Mack.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.