MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon this week:
- Mount Vernon Police have said they are questioning a "person of interest" in connection to the death of 85-year-old Emma Gruber .
- A conductor on Metro-North’s New Haven Line surprised passengers Monday morning by taping a typed letter of apology to each seat on his train regarding an incident that occurred last Friday.
- As the Mount Vernon School District begins its transition to a “K-8” model , it will have some additional funding for some technological advancements after accepting a $100,000 direct aid grant.
- Top-seeded Mount Vernon forged a second-half comeback Thursday and held off upset-minded Mahopac for a 43-40 victory in the Section 1 Class AA boys basketball semifinals at the County Center.
- Cleanup has begun in Mount Vernon after a Tuesday morning fire tore through a South Seventh Avenue home, leaving it uninhabitable.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.