MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon last week:
- A Mount Vernon shooting sent two people in the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
- Mount Vernon police officials are warning local residents about a recent scam that has seen a group of men posing as Con Edison workers to steal money.
- A man staying in the Hilton Westchester in Rye Brook for a wedding accidentally shot a man in the next room who was attending another wedding Saturday afternoon, Rye Brook Police Chief Gregory Austin said.
- Mount Vernon and New York City firefighters were able to extinguish a barge fire on the Hutchinson River, according to LoHud.com.
- GOP gubernatorial candidate and Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino made an appearance on Fox News morning show, "Fox and Friends," Thursday to react to the news that The New York Times wouldn't endorse a gubernatorial candidate in the Democratic Primary in September.
- 1 Hearing To Continue On Mount Vernon's 42 W. Broad Street Development
- 2 IRS Warns Mount Vernon Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations
- 4 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 5 Westchester County Stores Are Among Best, Worst Black Friday Retailers