MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon last week:
- A Mount Vernon man, Leroi Bouche, 27, was indicted on 10 counts on Tuesday stemming from an alleged assault of a Yonkers Police officer, according to Westchester County District Attorney Janet DiFiore.
- The Mount Vernon School District has found a permanent replacement for interim Schools Superintendent Judith Johnson, with New Jersey native Dr. Kenneth Hamilton being named as her successor.
- Mount Vernon ranks at No. 35 among the exciting places to live in New York, according to a report by Movoto. Port Chester is the lone Westchester representative named among the top 10.
- Residents of Westchester County and across New York State could see their health insurance premiums spike by an average of 13 percent according to capitalnewyork.com.
- Mount Vernon resident and Truman Scholarship recipient Akunna Faith Uka met with U.S. Rep. Eliot Engel to talk about public service careers, with a focus on teaching.
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody
- 2 Authorities Investigating Woman Found Dead In Mount Vernon PD Holding Cell
- 3 Mount Vernon Market Fined By Liquor Authority For Marijuana Use On Premises
- 4 Attorney General Joins Investigation Into Mount Vernon Holding Cell Death
- 5 Family Files $20M Suit Against Yonkers In Police Raid Fatal Fall Incident