MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon last week:
- A Mount Vernon man, Leroi Bouche, 27, was indicted on 10 counts on Tuesday stemming from an alleged assault of a Yonkers Police officer, according to Westchester County District Attorney Janet DiFiore.
- The Mount Vernon School District has found a permanent replacement for interim Schools Superintendent Judith Johnson, with New Jersey native Dr. Kenneth Hamilton being named as her successor.
- Mount Vernon ranks at No. 35 among the exciting places to live in New York, according to a report by Movoto. Port Chester is the lone Westchester representative named among the top 10.
- Residents of Westchester County and across New York State could see their health insurance premiums spike by an average of 13 percent according to capitalnewyork.com.
- Mount Vernon resident and Truman Scholarship recipient Akunna Faith Uka met with U.S. Rep. Eliot Engel to talk about public service careers, with a focus on teaching.
- 1 State Police Warn Mount Vernon Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Mount Vernon Fire Displaces 11
- 3 Mount Vernon's Stop & Shop Will Be Powered By Bloom Energy Fuel Cell
- 4 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 5 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison