TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- Construction on the new Tappan Zee Bridge has been stopped indefinitely because of arctic temperatures and icy conditions on the Hudson River, according to LoHud.com.
The U.S. Coast Guard estimates that the river is 80 percent covered with ice between the Tappan Zee and West Point, LoHud.com reported.
The stoppage in work won't have a negative impact on the construction schedule, however. The Thruway Authority built an extra two months into the plan to account for inclement winter weather conditions, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Core Member Of Mount Vernon Street Gang Gets 28 Years In Prison
- 2 Mount Vernon Police Seek Strip Club Shooting Suspect
- 3 Mount Vernon Man Pleads Guilty To Killing 'Neighborhood Grandmother'
- 4 Sex Offenders Live Near Mount Vernon Pre-K's, Report Says
- 5 Mount Vernon Officials Break Ground On Workforce Housing