WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood watch for Westchester County from Friday afternoon through Friday night, May 16.
A slow moving cold front will bring heavy rains to Westchester on Friday afternoon. Between one and two inches of rain are expected with localized amounts of up to three inches.
The heaviest rains are expected to coincide with high tide on Long Island Sound, which could exacerbate coastal flooding.
Residents are reminded to be mindful of the forecast and be prepared to take action should flooding occur.
- 1 Funeral Arrangements Made For Raynette Turner In Mount Vernon
- 2 Mount Vernon Woman Was Sick Hours Before Holding Cell Death
- 3 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 4 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 5 Police Seeking Public's Help In Identifying Yonkers Hospital Inpatient