WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood watch for Westchester County from Friday afternoon through Friday night, May 16.
A slow moving cold front will bring heavy rains to Westchester on Friday afternoon. Between one and two inches of rain are expected with localized amounts of up to three inches.
The heaviest rains are expected to coincide with high tide on Long Island Sound, which could exacerbate coastal flooding.
Residents are reminded to be mindful of the forecast and be prepared to take action should flooding occur.
- 1 Snow Likely In Mount Vernon On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 2 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 3 Mount Vernon Investigation Into Report Of Gunshots Tops Week's News
- 4 Two Shot Inside Apartment Building In Yonkers
- 5 Mount Vernon Office Building Sold For $1.5 Million