WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood watch for Westchester County from Friday afternoon through Friday night, May 16.
A slow moving cold front will bring heavy rains to Westchester on Friday afternoon. Between one and two inches of rain are expected with localized amounts of up to three inches.
The heaviest rains are expected to coincide with high tide on Long Island Sound, which could exacerbate coastal flooding.
Residents are reminded to be mindful of the forecast and be prepared to take action should flooding occur.
- 1 Mount Vernon Wins Boys Basketball Crown; Three Title Games Moved To Monday
- 2 Sex Offenders Live Near Mount Vernon Pre-K's, Report Says
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 Mount Vernon Police Seek Strip Club Shooting Suspect
- 5 Mount Vernon Officials Break Ground On Workforce Housing