WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood watch for Westchester County from Friday afternoon through Friday night, May 16.
A slow moving cold front will bring heavy rains to Westchester on Friday afternoon. Between one and two inches of rain are expected with localized amounts of up to three inches.
The heaviest rains are expected to coincide with high tide on Long Island Sound, which could exacerbate coastal flooding.
Residents are reminded to be mindful of the forecast and be prepared to take action should flooding occur.
- 1 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 2 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings In Mount Vernon
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 5 Eastchester Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Car Accident That Killed Three