WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood watch for Westchester County from Friday afternoon through Friday night, May 16.
A slow moving cold front will bring heavy rains to Westchester on Friday afternoon. Between one and two inches of rain are expected with localized amounts of up to three inches.
The heaviest rains are expected to coincide with high tide on Long Island Sound, which could exacerbate coastal flooding.
Residents are reminded to be mindful of the forecast and be prepared to take action should flooding occur.
- 1 Fire Displaces Five Families, Kills Four Cats In Yonkers
- 2 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 3 Chance Of Snow Returns To Mount Vernon Tuesday
- 4 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 5 Hutch Reopens After Overturned Vehicle Accident; Stop-And-Go Delays On I-95