WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood watch for Westchester County from Friday afternoon through Friday night, May 16.
A slow moving cold front will bring heavy rains to Westchester on Friday afternoon. Between one and two inches of rain are expected with localized amounts of up to three inches.
The heaviest rains are expected to coincide with high tide on Long Island Sound, which could exacerbate coastal flooding.
Residents are reminded to be mindful of the forecast and be prepared to take action should flooding occur.
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman Charged In Fatal Hit-And-Run
- 2 Mount Vernon Man Charged In Stabbing Had Domestic Troubles In Past
- 3 Mount Vernon Seeks Contractor For Memorial Field Tennis Bubble
- 4 Mount Vernon Schools Budget Represents No Tax Levy Increase
- 5 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M