MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Federal authorities announced Wednesday that 24 people, including one from Mount Vernon and another from Peekskill, had been arrested in their alleged involvement with a massive Bronx-based oxycodone ring, according to LoHud.com.
Undercover photos were released of people lined up outside two clinics in the Bronx where up to 180 30-milligram oxycodone pills could be purchased for $300, according to the article.
Members of the ring also reportedly intimidated clinic staff and doctors to keep quiet about the operation, using near-lethal violence on multiple occasions.
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman Indicted On Manslaughter Charges in Attack With Car
- 2 Mount Vernon Man Charged With DWI Over Memorial Day Weekend
- 3 4-Year-Old Yonkers Girl In Critical Condition After Accidental Shooting
- 4 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 5 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three