MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Federal authorities announced Wednesday that 24 people, including one from Mount Vernon and another from Peekskill, had been arrested in their alleged involvement with a massive Bronx-based oxycodone ring, according to LoHud.com.
Undercover photos were released of people lined up outside two clinics in the Bronx where up to 180 30-milligram oxycodone pills could be purchased for $300, according to the article.
Members of the ring also reportedly intimidated clinic staff and doctors to keep quiet about the operation, using near-lethal violence on multiple occasions.
- 1 Four Plead Guilty In Mount Vernon Gang Murder
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Mount Vernon, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Mount Vernon; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Academy Holds Graduation For New Mount Vernon Firefighters
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Mount Vernon