MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Federal authorities announced Wednesday that 24 people, including one from Mount Vernon and another from Peekskill, had been arrested in their alleged involvement with a massive Bronx-based oxycodone ring, according to LoHud.com.
Undercover photos were released of people lined up outside two clinics in the Bronx where up to 180 30-milligram oxycodone pills could be purchased for $300, according to the article.
Members of the ring also reportedly intimidated clinic staff and doctors to keep quiet about the operation, using near-lethal violence on multiple occasions.
- 1 Mount Vernon Breaks Ground On Affordable Housing Project
- 2 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 3 Snow Could Be Returning To Mount Vernon
- 4 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 5 Crime Stoppers, Best Buy Team To Benefit Mount Vernon Gun Buyback