MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Federal authorities announced Wednesday that 24 people, including one from Mount Vernon and another from Peekskill, had been arrested in their alleged involvement with a massive Bronx-based oxycodone ring, according to LoHud.com.
Undercover photos were released of people lined up outside two clinics in the Bronx where up to 180 30-milligram oxycodone pills could be purchased for $300, according to the article.
Members of the ring also reportedly intimidated clinic staff and doctors to keep quiet about the operation, using near-lethal violence on multiple occasions.
- 1 Core Member Of Mount Vernon Street Gang Gets 28 Years In Prison
- 2 Mount Vernon Wins Boys Basketball Crown; Three Title Games Moved To Monday
- 3 Sex Offenders Live Near Mount Vernon Pre-K's, Report Says
- 4 Mount Vernon Police Seek Strip Club Shooting Suspect
- 5 Mount Vernon Officials Break Ground On Workforce Housing