MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Federal authorities announced Wednesday that 24 people, including one from Mount Vernon and another from Peekskill, had been arrested in their alleged involvement with a massive Bronx-based oxycodone ring, according to LoHud.com.
Undercover photos were released of people lined up outside two clinics in the Bronx where up to 180 30-milligram oxycodone pills could be purchased for $300, according to the article.
Members of the ring also reportedly intimidated clinic staff and doctors to keep quiet about the operation, using near-lethal violence on multiple occasions.
- 1 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 2 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 3 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 4 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 5 Man, 29, Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges, Says Westchester DA