MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Federal authorities announced Wednesday that 24 people, including one from Mount Vernon and another from Peekskill, had been arrested in their alleged involvement with a massive Bronx-based oxycodone ring, according to LoHud.com.
Undercover photos were released of people lined up outside two clinics in the Bronx where up to 180 30-milligram oxycodone pills could be purchased for $300, according to the article.
Members of the ring also reportedly intimidated clinic staff and doctors to keep quiet about the operation, using near-lethal violence on multiple occasions.
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman Charged In Fatal Hit-And-Run
- 2 Mount Vernon Man Charged In Stabbing Had Domestic Troubles In Past
- 3 Mount Vernon Seeks Contractor For Memorial Field Tennis Bubble
- 4 Mount Vernon Schools Budget Represents No Tax Levy Increase
- 5 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M