MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon this week:
- A winter storm brought Westchester County to a standstill on Tuesday.
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo has signed into law the Veterans’ Employment Act, a bill sponsored by State Sen. Greg Ball (R, C, I – Patterson).
- A 29-year-old Bronx man and former employee of the New York State Power Authority was arraigned in Westchester County Court in White Plains on Wednesday after he was accused of stealing nearly $3,000 in gas using state gas cards over the course of more than a year.
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody
- 2 Authorities Investigating Woman Found Dead In Mount Vernon PD Holding Cell
- 3 Mount Vernon Market Fined By Liquor Authority For Marijuana Use On Premises
- 4 Police Investigating Overnight Home Invasion In New Rochelle
- 5 Attorney General Joins Investigation Into Mount Vernon Holding Cell Death