NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – The College of New Rochelle was the latest school to be put under lockdown in Westchester County on Friday.
According to police, the college went into lockdown mode at approximately 1 p.m. after a student made a veiled threat over the phone while arguing with a school official.
Classes proceeded as police continue to investigate to determine who made the threat. The school declined to provide comment on Friday afternoon.
The College of New Rochelle is one of four Westchester County schools that were threatened on Friday. Mount Vernon High School was locked down earlier in the day after a bomb threat was called in, and two similar threats were made at Walter Panas High School in Cortlandt and Lakeland High in Shrub Oak.
- 1 Man Stabbed In Street Overnight In Mount Vernon
- 2 Mount Vernon Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 3 Mount Vernon Poised To Erect Afforable Housing For Seniors
- 4 Mount Vernon Hosts Smart School Bond Act Rally
- 5 Mount Vernon Sergeant In Shooting Named In Excessive Force Lawsuits