MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon this week:
- Friday’s Board of Estimate and Contracts meeting saw councilwoman Debra Reynolds ejected from the building and although Mount Vernon officials are overwhelmingly behind in their budget process, city officials couldn’t come together during the meeting.
- One man was killed and two others injured in a fire that gutted a multi-family home on South First Avenue in Mount Vernon on Wednesday night.
- New Rochelle murder victim, Keita Speed is believed to have had 'personal differences' with attackers, according to police officials.
- The FBI released surveillance photos of a suspect wanted in connection to an armed bank robbery in Yonkers.
- An unidentified black male was shot in the leg at around 3:54 p.m. Monday at the intersection of Palisades Avenue and Elm Street, police officials said.
- 1 Mount Vernon Man Charged With Rape Of 13-Year-Old
- 2 Likely Arrest Of Senate Leader Skelos Tied To Scarsdale Firm, Report Says
- 3 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 4 Rough Rides Abound After Brutal Winter Takes Toll On Westchester Roads
- 5 Fire Watch Is In Effect For Westchester Through Evening