MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon this week:
- Friday’s Board of Estimate and Contracts meeting saw councilwoman Debra Reynolds ejected from the building and although Mount Vernon officials are overwhelmingly behind in their budget process, city officials couldn’t come together during the meeting.
- One man was killed and two others injured in a fire that gutted a multi-family home on South First Avenue in Mount Vernon on Wednesday night.
- New Rochelle murder victim, Keita Speed is believed to have had 'personal differences' with attackers, according to police officials.
- The FBI released surveillance photos of a suspect wanted in connection to an armed bank robbery in Yonkers.
- An unidentified black male was shot in the leg at around 3:54 p.m. Monday at the intersection of Palisades Avenue and Elm Street, police officials said.
- 1 Hearing To Continue On Mount Vernon's 42 W. Broad Street Development
- 2 60-Year-Old Man Charged In 25 Cat Killings In Yonkers
- 3 IRS Warns Mount Vernon Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Westchester Player Among Those Stuck On Team Bus During Buffalo Blizzard
- 5 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations