MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon this week:
- Friday’s Board of Estimate and Contracts meeting saw councilwoman Debra Reynolds ejected from the building and although Mount Vernon officials are overwhelmingly behind in their budget process, city officials couldn’t come together during the meeting.
- One man was killed and two others injured in a fire that gutted a multi-family home on South First Avenue in Mount Vernon on Wednesday night.
- New Rochelle murder victim, Keita Speed is believed to have had 'personal differences' with attackers, according to police officials.
- The FBI released surveillance photos of a suspect wanted in connection to an armed bank robbery in Yonkers.
- An unidentified black male was shot in the leg at around 3:54 p.m. Monday at the intersection of Palisades Avenue and Elm Street, police officials said.
- 1 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 2 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings In Mount Vernon
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 5 Eastchester Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Car Accident That Killed Three