MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon this week:
- Friday’s Board of Estimate and Contracts meeting saw councilwoman Debra Reynolds ejected from the building and although Mount Vernon officials are overwhelmingly behind in their budget process, city officials couldn’t come together during the meeting.
- One man was killed and two others injured in a fire that gutted a multi-family home on South First Avenue in Mount Vernon on Wednesday night.
- New Rochelle murder victim, Keita Speed is believed to have had 'personal differences' with attackers, according to police officials.
- The FBI released surveillance photos of a suspect wanted in connection to an armed bank robbery in Yonkers.
- An unidentified black male was shot in the leg at around 3:54 p.m. Monday at the intersection of Palisades Avenue and Elm Street, police officials said.
- 1 Officials To Break Ground On Long Delayed $60M Development
- 2 Four Plead Guilty In Mount Vernon Gang Deaths
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Mount Vernon; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Mount Vernon, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 5 Mount Vernon Enters State Of Emergency As Storm Arrives