YONKERS, N.Y. -- Repairs on the Broad Street Bridge that connects Yonkers and Mount Vernon have been completed, and the span has been reopened to traffic nine days ahead of schedule, according to News 12 Westchester.
The 91-year-old span was in dire need of rehabilitation. The $2 million project began in 2012 and work is still being done on the arches and underside of the structure, News 12 Westchester reported.
- 1 State Police Warn Mount Vernon Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Mount Vernon Fire Displaces 11
- 3 Mount Vernon's Stop & Shop Will Be Powered By Bloom Energy Fuel Cell
- 4 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 5 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison