YONKERS, N.Y. -- Repairs on the Broad Street Bridge that connects Yonkers and Mount Vernon have been completed, and the span has been reopened to traffic nine days ahead of schedule, according to News 12 Westchester.
The 91-year-old span was in dire need of rehabilitation. The $2 million project began in 2012 and work is still being done on the arches and underside of the structure, News 12 Westchester reported.
- 1 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Eastchester Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Car Accident That Killed Three
- 4 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 5 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring