MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Mount Vernon and New York City firefighters were able to extinguish a barge fire on the Hutchinson River on Wednesday, according to LoHud.com.
The barge contained scrap metal and crushed cars. Mount Vernon responders were attempting to beat the blaze back with water from their side of the river, but had to stop once the barge became unstable from taking on water, LoHud.com reported.
Authorities still aren't sure how the fire, off Post Roadm was started, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Officials To Break Ground On Long Delayed $60M Development
- 2 Four Plead Guilty In Mount Vernon Gang Deaths
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Mount Vernon; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Mount Vernon Enters State Of Emergency As Storm Arrives
- 5 Storm System Departs Mount Vernon, Snow Could Return Thursday